Tuesday, May 18, 2010

very briefly ~

My doctor from Decatur called today and said he'd consulted with the radiologist. There are six, very small, suspicious spots in the left breast. Probably not large enough to biopsy yet. A needle biopsy might be possible, but they'd have to locate each one and go through that process six times - uh no thank you!

It is still his recommendation to do the bilateral mastectomy. Because it is Lobular cancer and that's what this type does (invades both breasts) he feels it would be the best route to take. And I agree. Better safe than sorry as far as I'm concerned and it may save me going through this all over again, a few years down the road.

Keep in mind, this is coming from a surgeon, not an oncologist. I will meet with an oncologist, another surgeon and a radiologist on Friday morning. I am anxious to get their perspective.

1 comment:

Tootie said...

I'm thinking you are off to your Dr. appointment this morning, and sending good thoughts your way. I'll be waiting for your next post.