Wednesday, May 12, 2010

how does this work?

This blog stuff?

Do I post every day, even if I have nothing to say? Ha... that's kind of funny. Me - with nothing to say! Well believe it or not it does actually happen sometimes.

Anyway, I want to be consistent but not boring. I worked yesterday and today - watching Mikaela and Addison, the adorable twin 10/month olds. I've been with them since they were three months old, and just 7 & 8 pounds! Now they are crawling all over the place and pulling up to everything. They make me smile :D

Britt is hopeful about the possibility of a nanny job in Kansas City. She is exchanging emails with a family down there & excited about moving to be close to Mallory next month. Obviously my diagnosis was cause for pause, as far as her decision goes - but we've had some great discussion about it and feel it's still a great opportunity for her. We will use Skype for live chats and I've promised not to leave her out of anything going on here. It's a very promising and exciting time in her life and I'd never want to be a part of holding her back from what God's been drawing her to.

Jeremiah landed himself a job today! Interviewed and was hired all in one day :D He will be working at Huck's in Farmer City. That was great news to hear! He may be a bit nervous about working (for someone other than family) but once that first paycheck comes in, it'll all be worth it!

My step-mom Aggie had open heart surgery this morning for a leaky valve. Doctors said the surgery went very well. She'll be in the hospital for up to a week then it will be a lengthy recovery at home. Hopefully by having this repair done, she will have a bit more energy and feel better once she's healed.

So it's been a good day. I have a list of errands to take care of tomorrow. Most importantly my MRI in the afternoon. I won't have any official results until my doctor is back to read them on Monday. But I'll be one step closer to knowing more and moving forward. I've gotten some very sweet cards in the mail this week and appreciate all of your kind words and well-wishes!

1 comment:

beth said...

I've never seen you with nothing to say! Keep talking, I'll get worried if you go quiet.