Tuesday, March 22, 2011

you know what....

you know what warms my heart?

When I come here to make a new post & I look at my last one..... and realize that todays is an answer to the prayer I requested last week : )
How cool is that?!

Well, the plastic surgeons office said there would be a scheduling meeting this coming Friday. So as I got up yesterday and this morning, I thought to myself .... Friday is getting closer all the time! This afternoon as I sat doing some paperwork the phone rang. It was my plastic surgeons nurse, saying she'd left my file on her desk as a reminder & just thought she'd take a look at the schedule anyway, to see if anything had opened up. Lo and behold - the OR is now available on April 7th!

Needless to say I was thrilled! I could have jumped through the phone to hug her : ) Yes, that is only 15 days away! But it gives me a full 3/weeks of recovery time, before my Sanibel Celebration with friends and family. I am super excited. And I thank God for watching over and taking care of me (once again)!

Ok .... here are some pictures to catch you up on some of who I've been hangin' with and what I've been doin' lately : )

I've had this plate for awhile now - but I love it & wanted to share -


Then part of the table decor when I went to the Relay for Life dinner ~



And my fun friend Val ~


My silly friend Marca : )


My sweet friend Lisa, who introduced me to Mark (owe her many thanks for that!)


Elizabeth and I at lunch the next day ~


where yes, I got FOUR pieces of pie (if you know me, you know I love pie!)

Those four fabulous ladies helped me celebrate my last day of radiation!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This past Friday, I had one girlfriend come from West Virginia and another from Indiana, come to stay w/me. We met by way of the scrapbooking message board that I'm on...... and on Saturday went up to Kankakee for a 12/hour crop (scrapping event). There were 121 women there and it was a full day of great fun! We stayed up there Saturday night and did some shopping before coming home on Sunday.



These two (Stephanie on the left, Sabrina on the right) stayed w/me Friday & Sunday nights, then headed home on Monday.


Colleen


Ashley


Beth


Mary


Terry


April


Lindsey


Nikki


Becky

1 comment:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Awesome news! You will really have a reason to shellabrate when you get to Sanibel. LOVE your license plate. I have to take a picture of mine and post it one of these days too. It's not Sanibel, but it is something else that I love.