I apologize for a lengthy absence from blogging!
On one hand, it's nice.... because I started this blog as my "cancer journey" ..... so for there to be a gap in news, is good news to me :)
On the other hand, I probably ought to continue to give updates on my life - as I continue to appreciate and enjoy it so much!
So please forgive me, I'll try to do better and post a bit more frequently.
Yes, I have enjoyed my lengthy break from all things treatment related. I celebrated a birthday (#46) since I last posted. But other than that, I can't think of any big / exciting news.
The Chicago Bears will play the Packers in a playoff game tomorrow - that's pretty big news - right?! I'll be going to Paul's to watch, and Jeremiah is hosting a get together here at home.
Britt continues to do well and is loving her life in KC (which thrills me to pieces!) Even though she keeps incredibly busy with work, church activities, friends, and her family there ...... she still finds time to stay in touch with mom (love you Bert!)
I finally got the call from radiology yesterday, that I will begin those treatments on Monday. Fnally! I have been anxious, just wanting to get on with the next step and keep moving forward. So for the next six weeks (until mid-March) I will go in Monday-Friday mornings for radiation. I'll keep you posted on how that goes - although like everything else - I expect it to go incredibly well ;)
My hair continues to thicken and grow; and is developing several bends / curls in the back. Sadly, it is still quite grey but hey ..... I'll take it! Am already considering what shade I'll go with once I get brave enough to color it. I'll post a more recent picture one of these days.
Thanks for hangin' in there with me - I hope you all are safe and warm & enjoying this new year so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment