Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

2010 was a surprisingly good year for me. I discovered some great things about myself, and I realized what's most important. I experienced an outpouring of love and support from countless family and friends! I faced a would-be monster (with courage, determination and joy) and I didn't let it shake my faith. By the end of 2010, I felt incredibly thankful and blessed.

I'm looking forward to this new year and hoping (praying) it brings great things (like good health & much peace) to those that I love!

On New Years Eve, I went with Paul to a comedy performance in Champaign. We met some friends there and enjoyed a great evening w/many laughs :)

The next night (Saturday) we met one of those couples, plus all the others that we boated with last August.... at Alexander's Steakhouse for dinner. Again, a fun evening with a lot of good people.

Yesterday I took all of my Christmas decor down and hauled it out to the garage.

This morning I had my appointment in radiology. We went over some paperwork, an explanation & description of the treatments and then I had a CT scan. It's an interesting foam-like board ya lay on, and it distributes air to conform to your body. My right arm will be over my head, so they try to make you as comfortable as possible & it "remembers" your shape each time you come in. That's one of the ways they assure the radiation is only going to the required spots. Tiny laser beams were shooting left, right and overhead..... then I was marked for locations of treatment.

It'll take more than a week for them to devise my specific plan (prescription) and then I'll go in 5 days a week for 6 weeks. It'll only take about 30 minutes once we get started.

No comments: