Wednesday, June 9, 2010

update ...

Went in this morning for my pre-op registration and physical. Spoke with the surgeons nurse beforehand and she explained some things about the surgery, my hospital stay and after care.

I will not know until Friday afternoon, what time surgery will be on Monday. I will be there more than three hours before the surgery though, for injection of Sentinel Node dye. Hmm... I found a good website explaining that procedure and why they do it, but can't get it to link here :( sorry. Google it if you're curious :)

Anyway, once I'm admitted and sign a myriad of papers, they'll inject this dye and then I'll have three hours to wait. Tic tock .... tic tock ....

Surgery itself is estimated to take three and a half hours. Oh joy. Actually, by the sounds of the growing list of those attending, I may be missing quite a party in the waiting room!

I think that's it for today - hopefully I'll be back here on Friday to update again.

1 comment:

Snowbird said...

Stephanie, I just found your blog. It was great meeting you when you were here. Tootie told me that you would be having surgery when you got back home. I will keep you in my prayers and trust that everything will be fine.