I'm in pain .... but I survived : )
Mother arrived apx. 4:00 on Tuesday afternoon. We enjoyed visiting, and had meatloaf for dinner before heading down to Springfield. I had actually gotten a call earlier in the day, saying I needed to be at the hospital at 5 a.m. instead of 5:30! Good thing we booked a room, so we'd only be a few blocks away.....
Arrived at Memorial Medical Center and it's very nice. I got checked in and was in pre-op around 6. I think I was wheeled back to surgery around 7:30 a.m. The procedures took about four hours.
I woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a Mack truck! Lots of pain across my chest. Surprisingly, I don't notice much discomfort on the back (where the flap was taken). I cannot raise my arms - and just attempting to scoot myself up in bed is quite uncomfortable & difficult!
Mother and I had a good afternoon of visiting, reading and napping. (Well ok, I was the only one who napped) LOL ..... I think she went to the hotel between 7-7:30 last evening. There is a "yeller" down the hall, so besides the nurses waking me every couple of hours to empty my drains, check my IV, take my vitals, etc ..... I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. Several short naps is actually what it was.
I am told the'll get me up sometime today - haven't been out of bed since surgery yesterday, so I guess it's time.
Thanks for all of the prayers, well wishes and support you've sent my way - I really appreciate it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment