Saturday, November 13, 2010

greetings from SC!

This is the 'adventure' I mentioned in my last post.

I've been on a scrapbooking message board from about four years. Early on there, I was in contact with Marla, and we've become what I'd call good friends over the years. We have shared many pictures and stories, and found that we had a LOT in common! Both the youngest of four children, we both have two kids (girls are the oldest) and very near the same ages. Both of our daddy's were in the air force. Marla was actually born in IL but moved when she was still a baby. We're both christian girls who have shared many of our faith stories and prayer requests with one another.

Marla and I have always said how we'd love to meet in person, but time or finances never allowed. Sometime this summer though, I decided to look into making this "one day" a reality - and decided there's no time like the present. So I ordered my tickets in July and we began to anticipate my trip. Finally November rolled around and it was still hard to believe I was flying to SC to make my "scrap friend" an in-person friend :)

I flew out on Thursday (never been to South Carolina by the way) and will go home on Sunday. We took this picture the first night we had dinner. I will add more later. Marla has a very sweet family and everyone has welcomed me with sincere souther hospitality. I am enjoying my time very much. Today I believe we are headed to the coast - as I do love my sand and water -

No comments: